Snow, Beer, Sports... and some of the finest EG's in the Midwest.
By teal_dx
#169279 You old members might remember the last time I had this posted: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1389
Well it never sold and I rented it for a little while and got tired of being a land lord. Two mortgages continues to rape me while this place sits empty, price reduced from $98,000 (originally) to $91,000 now to $79,900 just re-listed it with Howard Hannah a couple weeks ago. Low baller's don't bother, I would be paying someone to take it if I went lower.

This unit was built in 1978. It has 3 levels, main, lower, and loft. It also has a very large 2 car garage with windows, attic, a floor drain, new epoxy floor coating and new roof. The interior has a lot of wood trim and real wood paneling (not the cheap dark thin stuff people put in their basements). The carpet is newer. The kitchen and eating area walls were textured and painted. Refrigerator, dishwasher & stove are included. 2 Full Bathrooms- both bathrooms have also been repainted and have new lighting. This unit has a huge extra/utility/laundry room downstairs 12' x 15.5' with electric dryer & washer hookups. (I'll include the heavy duty washer/dryer if you need them)

Portage View Condominiums has 24 units total. Cats and small dogs are allowed. BBQ Grills are allowed too. There's an outside hose & reel that I use to wash my cars so you don't have to pay to use the carwash down the street. Overall this is a pretty quiet area to live in.

This unit is located in the scenic Merriman Valley, 5 miles from down town Akron. Right down the hill in the heart of the Valley, is the Tow Path Trail- a 20 mile long trail for walking/riding that stretches from Akron to Cleveland. I ride my bicycle to work (downtown) on the towpath in about 30 min.
Right in the Valley is a gas station, small grocery store, CVS, many varieties of restaurants, and many bars/pubs, within walking distance. Also near by (5 mile radius) is the huge Sand Run Metropark, Gorge Metro Park, Cascade Valley Park, and a hand full of smaller parks and a few golf courses.
Route 8 and I-77 are both easily accessible from this area.

There is a monthly association fee of $300. While this may be higher than some associations, please keep in mind that it includes Water and Heat, as well as any outside maintenance (roofs, building walls, paint, lawn, landscaping, trash removal, plowing and salting, etc....)

The only bill you will need to pay is the electric bill. I turned things off when I wasn't home or using them, my electric bill was about $50/mo. In the summer months it is more if I run the AC- highest ever was $90 in hot August.

summary: huge main rooms, walk in closets, large outdoor balcony & lower patio, high vaulted loft ceiling, large oversized 2 car garage, FREE water, FREE heat, fresh paint, wood burning fireplace, located in the scenic Merriman Valley, Woodridge School District

pics:
floor plan. Loft, main level, and lower level.

(the photos were stitched together to make a panoramic view- if you see any funny angles, that's why)

Main Level - green wallpaper stripped and walls are white now

Lower Level

Loft Bedroom - 70's wallpaper stripped and walls are white now

front Dining Room - wallpaper stripped and walls are white now

Laundry/Utility Room

Garage

Main level living room - green wallpaper stripped and walls are white now.

Some one get this before the First and Second time Home Buyer tax credits expire in a couple months!