General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Ajax1989
#119399 hey i think i have a problem wit my tranny

after the car is up to operating temp.
the car has this noise coming from the tranny
then when i push on the clutch the sound goes away
then it come back after i let off the clutch, it sounds like
somethin is spinning on something else

idk maybe the pliot or the throw bearing is bad idk
and the noise only happens when the car is in neutral
and its a 5spd also, and the motor is a d15b7
By Ajax1989
#119457 ya thats what i thought too, but wouldnt that effect my clutch?
By Chance
94_jdm_ferio wrote:ya thats what i thought too, but wouldnt that effect my clutch?

Nope 8)
By Ajax1989
#119460 ok cool :thumb:
By egsedanguy
#119992 lol ya just replace my buddys yesterday. took like 45 min to drop the tranny, 30 min to put in new clutch,throw out bearing, cracked fork(lol), new thrust bearing. and bout hour to get it back on. even with the alinement toll it still seamed to be a bitch.
By Ajax1989
#120047 damn that is fast, it took me like 2 days to change my clutch on my older honda, shit, it took me 6 hrs the other night to take the head off my brothers prelude..lol i guess im slow at workin 8)
By chrono404
#120091 Sounds like a Main input shaft bearing, If you pushed on the clutch and it made a noise, it would be a throw out bearing. However thats not whats happening. When you push the clutch, it disengages the transmission, stopping the bearing from spinning, which causes the noise to stop.

I am pretty sure its your Main input shaft bearing. You will have to pull the tranny and put in a new Bearing. We have a DIY Article to do that.

If you have been wanting a new tranny or an LSD, Now would be a good time for a Replacement.
By Ajax1989
#120109 ya i found out its that bearing, but is there a lsd d-serise tranny??
By Ajax1989
#120239 oh i see, lsd would be very nice :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#120281 oh ok so its something that is aftermarket
non of the d trannys come with it
By chrono404
#120774 some D Series Transmissions come with LSD. for Example the JDM D15b Sohc VTEC comes with a LSD Transmission. They are rare in the states as there was never a US spec Honda sold with a D Series Transmission. All LSD D Series Trannys where either made an LSD with Aftermarket LSD's. or Imported into the US.