General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 92 lowlife
#117334 OK so I know this is a complete newb question but I have an 88 crx that is a pile of junk but the engine and drivetrain are fine my Q is can I swap the 5 speed out of it and put it into my 93 automatic coupe or should I just buy a 5 speed made for my car I dont mind buying a different tranny if thats what it takes but I dont want to spend the money if I dont have to. Any help would be great thanks
By 92 lowlife
#117335 sorry the title should say crx not crc Im an idiot
By asianrob
#117336 if you are trying to put the CRX CABLE tranny in the 92+ car even tho its automatic.. youd have to convert it to CABLE trans.... 92+ cars are Hydro.

it will work. they make the conversion. but its just easier to get a 92+ hydro D series trans then converting it to cable IMHO
By chrono404
#117368 the cable conversion systems work, but dont work out that well. I would highly recommend just selling the cable tranny and get a EX/Si Hydro Tranny.
By 92 lowlife
#117373 thats what I figured I just didnt want to spend the $$$ if I didnt have to but I would rather do it the right way thanks for the input guys
By Elpimpo
chrono404 wrote:the cable conversion systems work, but dont work out that well. I would highly recommend just selling the cable tranny and get a EX/Si Hydro Tranny.

X2 exactly