General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Dahootie35
#112891 i'm about to do the auto to manual conversion in my eg, i think i have everything to get started...

New D16z6
5 spd Trans
p28 ecu
clutch master and slave cylinder
5 spd axles
pedal assembly

is there anything else i need... and can i use my auto wiring harness?
any information would be greatly appreciated!
By Classiccarsrule85
Dahootie35 wrote:i'm about to do the auto to manual conversion in my eg, i think i have everything to get started...

New D16z6
5 spd Trans
p28 ecu
5 spd axles
pedal assembly

is there anything else i need... and can i use my auto wiring harness?
any information would be greatly appreciated!

I am almost sure you cant use the auto harness for your 5spd conversion but who knwos you may be able to id jsut have a 5spd harness on standby if it dosent work since they are relatively easy to come by.....didnt really need a new motor lol but yea you need shift linkage, which im sure you have, and youll need the line or some way to run the line from the clutch master to the little part before the slave where its i think a rubberish type hose. Besides that in order to do it correctly you would of needed the sensors for the clutch pedal so it will only start with it pushed in....or something like that. Anyhow you have pretty much all of it ohhh you will need a flywheel and clutch kit for that set-up any d-series flywheel should do as long as its for a 5spd and make sure you get a z6 clutch or something like that....

But besides that i think you should be good though id think about while the motor is out and stuff repainting the bay if needed or cleaning it really good.....
By teal_dx
Dahootie35 wrote:New D16z6
5 spd Trans
p28 ecu
5 spd axles
pedal assembly

You can use your auto axles.
You will also need:
clutch lines, or the Earl's conversion ss braided clutch line
manual starter & long bolt
passenger side conversion mount
rear mount
lower front tranny mount
Manual Flywheel bolts (auto ones are too short)
flywheel, Clutch & Pressure Plate (probably had that)
pilot bearing
release bearing
linkage & shifter & bushings, bitch pin, bolts, knob, dust boot

Your auto harness will work fine. You will need to run reverse wires if you want to have reverse lights though. Also you will need to connect the 2 fat wires on the auto shifter harness to make your car start, or run them to the clutch pedal switch to make it so you have to push the clutch in to make the car start.
By Dahootie35
#112898 yeah i have the shift linkage,and flywheel/clutch plate, and i plan on painting the engine bay and the inside of the hood all black... but anyways, thanks for the info... what about mounts?
By Dahootie35
#113179 any links for the mounts? because i'm finding just sedan mounts... will that matter?
By 6ickej1
#119226 i am going to be doing the auto to manual conversion myself soon and ive done some searching but i cant find an answer to why theres a need to buy a passenger side transmission conversion mount ,why cant you use a oem manual mount? is the mounting point on the auto chassis different than one on a manual chassis?, thanks for any help you can give me to clear this up.