General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By dirtygst
#106285 ok so im going to be making my eg a manual in a bit and need to know if i can use my auto axles, everywhere i go they seem to be between 98-99% sure i can but dont want to tear it all apart and then not have the right axles, the biggest reason i want to reuse them is cause they are brand new! but yeah thanks alot
-dustin
By dirtygst
#106293 awesome! thank you
By dirtygst
#106398 ok didnt want to start a new thread so ill just add on here.. can the auto starter work with the manual set-up?
By CaliEJ2
#106419 nope it wont fit u need one from a 5spd.
By hotrodcivic
#106438 Did my Auto to Manny swap a few months back in my EG, hardest part I found was hangin the clutch pedal, lol, other than that, you shouldn't have any issues, although, when you remove the auto shifter, there's 2 holes, patch the one, and you'll have to hook up your reverse lights and rig the shit wires so it'll come out of park, I can take some pics of the wiring in mine if ya like., The wiring part is easy stuff, don't get nervous, lol
By hotrodcivic
teal_dx wrote:yeah the pedals are by far the worst part!

Knuckle busters, and HELL on the neck and back being upside down under the dash, lmao
By jstarone
#106573 Defiantly the same. Ive done the swap, heard many stories, and there the same axels. As for the pedals, I didnt find it too hard, I just put in the clutch pedal though I think, I took the drivers seat out though so I could lay in there and get at everything, It only took me like 20 or 30 mins the first time.
By dirtygst
#108901 ok im just going to keep going on here for questions i have about the auto to manual..... the flywheel cover thing that goes and connects to the trans to keep stuff off the flywheel, does the auto one work with a manual trans or do i need the manual one?? sorry might be a dumb question but im getting the last of my parts this week and dont want to be stuck without a car cause i forget something simple....
thanks
By dirtygst
#109039 awesome, thanks :thumb: