General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By ikon
#106230 i hate to bother u guys but im about to blow up my transmission :x . after reassembling everythingand putting it on the motor, my shifter wont move as if the tranny is siezed. before i reattached the case i checked it with a screwdriver and the interlock and shift arm moved. now thits all back together it wants to sieze. im thinking maybe it has to do with my linkage because i took the whole rod oof and maybe i put it on backwards. is there only one way to put the linkage on or is somethin in the tranny wrong?
By DontHateonEG8
#106235 did you actually removed the shifter as in maybe installing a short shifter and you can overtight the bolts holiding the shifter plate and you shifter will not move, it happened to me.
By ikon
#106288 nope i left the shifter alone just undid the linkage. i only took off the linkage not the torque rod so i think i may have put it on backwards. could that be the cause?
By yashep
#106331 Something very similar happen to me once, when I put the linkage back some how it got mine a little bent. but it was bad enough to not let the linkage move like it should