General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By ikon
#103782 when i place the bell housing back it feels as if it doesnt sit right but i dont kno where there would b a misfit. i thnk it might b the reverse shift arm. is the fork supposed to be position up or down when u bolt it back on. any help appreciated.
By teal_dx
#103789 this is tough to picture without pics... is this a D tranny? When you say bell housing, are you talking about the area that covers the clutch? It sounds like you are describing the transmission case :?
By ikon
#103829 exactly, sorry. its d16z6 tranny nd now i cant get the case back on. i tried for hours so imma just take it to a tramsmission shop. the main nd countershaft sit right nd the ring is pulled apart but it still wont shut no matter how hard we pushed. the countershaft needs like a centimeter more to go for the ring to snap in place but we cnt find whats stopping it.
By chrono404
#103837 Something has to be binding, Most likely the reverse gear arm/arm shaft, That was the problem every time the Halfs binded up on me trying to close them up.

Pull the half casing back off, make sure the reverse gear arm/shaft is not getting your way/reset it in place, Try agian. Thats what I would do.

If it doesn't go back in normally after that, open the case up and take pics and show us. :thumb: