General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By rushvillejdmracing
#98969 [/b]whats up guys you may be laffing at this but i know nothing about tranys but i now a shit load about motors i have a b18c1 with 610hp daily driver but any ways i was wondering if anyone knew how to change the final drive in my trany its a gsr lsd jdm i want the trany to be able to run runs of 180 or so go ahead call mne crazy any info would be a help thanks guys hightway runs :thumbdown: :thumb: let me know
By chrono404
#98977 160 not good enough?

If you change your Final Drive to 4.1 instead of the Stock 4.4. Top Speed will be 180.87
Doing so will make your acceleration quite a bit slower. However if your concerned about top speed, the LS Transmission will be give your top speed 190, It will be a good deal cheaper then getting a new final drive. Or get the final drive out of the LS Transmission. That will put your final Drive @ 173

Transmission Calculator - Give this a shot, you can whats stock where and what needs to be done to get to where you want.
By JUICE
#99028 come on now chrono, what if he comes across a built up sti, pretty sure they can do close to 200? been in my buddys SC'd RSX and been up close to 180. sounds like if he gets the gearing he'll have no problem with just about anything!
By rushvillejdmracing
#99092 hey man thanks im deff getting a ls i new they were a better top end tranny but i never know they could do that this really helps me hopfully i will have pics up soon of the eg