General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By colpitts
#88886 like topic says - what is the recommended power handling for these OE parts.. how far can you go before needed to upgrade.. I've heard/read anything more then 200whp and you shoud start changing/rebuilding/upgrading..

Thanks

Mike
By teal_dx
#88909 It depends on how you're driving too.
There's boosted D's pushing 300 HP on stock axles, but they probably aren't dropping the clutch on drag slicks either.

200WHP (not abusing the drivetrain) is fine for stock tranny & axles.
300WHP is where I would start to consider beefing up these parts, starting with axles.
By colpitts
#88950 okay. well right now the its sitting at a stage 2 clutch but the rest of the drivetrain is stock. I'm boosted and the number i have in my mind is 200 wtq. horsepower isn't as much a goal for me as squeezing 200 wtq out of my D. I'm not hard on tranny stuff per se, i don't dump clutches and im not running slicks, but i will run to a redline every now and again when the situation calls for it ie dyno, track, or straight open road.. i just don't wanna have my drivetrain shit the bed shifting from 2nd to 3rd 7000 rpm
By colpitts
#89017 very good, thanks. and if it goes i'll hold you responsible :lol:
By boosted94
#92826 so does this mean im in the clear if your tranny gernades?
By colpitts
#92965 im gonna go ahead and say no. because your the devil on my shoulder saying 300+whp and 10,000rpm...

not that im against that idea either, just my university student budget won't allow my daily driver to be so gifted, lol. :lol:
By boosted94
#92967 Fast
Cheap
Reliable

Pick Two, You Can't Have All Three.

its just so damn true. why wont the car gods allow us to have it all? why? :bowdown: