General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Eli'sEG94
#85634 I looked around to see if anyone had any posts regarding this in other forums, but this is my home now (used to frequent other forums, although I won't name any Cough: :D Superhonda.com). Well I have been hearing this whiny noise for maybe 2 weeks now and it's only in 4th gear, is not that it whines or anything while putting it in gear is once it's in gear it starts to whine. Anyone know what could be the problem? the syncros maybe? or the gear it self? any and all help will be greatly appreciated. :woot:
By zeppelin101
#85638 Tranny issues aren't my forte but I'd be inclined to say it's probably the gear, probably overly worn teeth?

Does it slot into 4th ok? My 'box is a bit notchy already and I know my synro's are on the way out from some dumb ass clutchless shifting not long after I got it...
By chrono404
#85660 My hunch would be your Main input shaft Bearing, Even though you only hear it in 4th gear its probably the load that's on the bearing in that gear.

Its unlikely that the gear would whine to wear before the others, Specially in 4th.

Luckily we have a guide here on how to replace those bearings on this site :D
By Eli'sEG94
#85758 Yep yep, just wanted to get an Idea before I make a final decision.