General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Macster
#79044 hey guys i was wndering if anyone knows what d series tranny came with a lsd stock ive seen one for sale on hmotors but missed out on picking it up it said it was off a d15 of some sort anyone know about this?
By Classiccarsrule85
#79047 i think the D15b may of had one but if anything id go with the phantom grip something project car mag did and they said it worked good and havent heard much bad about it either probaly would end up being cheaper in the long run to get that then a used lsd trans since they tend to be beat on and while your intalling it could always rebuild
By VegasCivic
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:i think the D15b may of had one but if anything id go with the phantom grip something project car mag did and they said it worked good and havent heard much bad about it either probaly would end up being cheaper in the long run to get that then a used lsd trans since they tend to be beat on and while your intalling it could always rebuild

Phantom grip :thumbdown:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#79069 a rare jdm d15b had a factory helical LSD.

phantom grips are garbage don't even bother.

Your options:

OBX LSD (mimics OEM helical style)
Kaaz LSD (clutch packs, will wear out like clutches after certain mileage)

thats all I know for D series. I have a OBX LSD installed in my old z6 tranny and it is awesome.
By Macster
#79078 well i went to obx.com and couldent find em and arnt they kinda poorley crafted?
By LowTEC-Derbo
#79079 it ran in my transmission no problems, and i was boosted as well :)

honda-tech.com has a seller that obx lsds. if i recall.

ebay is the other opton. SparkTEC or ERZ.
By suspendedHatch
#79555 I have one. 92-95 D15Bs had optional LSD. It has the word "LSD" printed on it and of course you confirm it by pulling the axles and looking through the hole. If there's a bar inside, it's not LSD. You should be able to see right through.

Image[/img]