General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Josiah
#77500 would you say lsd is better for drag rather than autocross.
By teal_dx
#77502 it will help in both applications.
I might say it is better for auto-x where you're turning while accelerating a lot of the time, giving one wheel the opportunity to spin without an LSD.

In drag racing it will help off the line and will help both tires bite when shifting.

So really an lsd makes a big difference in either type of racing. :thumb:
By jmsplitfyre
#77506 Yep, my buddy told me that too.. It helps you launch faster for drag.
I've only seen Obx lsd, are there any other brands?
By marvinp8700
#77509 quaiffe
spoon and a few others out there
By Josiah
#77530 either way i should throw one in then? hahaha its off anyway. thankx
By lopez286
#78009 i hear obx brands are pretty good the have the same specs as a quaiffe with half the price you just whont get the lifetime waranty. i have a quaiffe on my eg and i love it i use it for drag :thumb:
By teal_dx
#78032 OBX is a gamble. Some units are pretty good, others have such poor tolerances that they can't be used. Or in my case, was built completely wrong so the axle would not fit all the way flush.

Lucky I found a way to make the axle fit by putting a couple special washers on the axle. I only lost a month of downtime trying to find the right washers/solution but I don't trust any OBX product now.
By lopez286
#78043 good to know im glad i stuck with a quaiffe
By mistergou
#78535 LSD will help in all types of driving! once you go LSD you wont ever look back!
By teal_dx
#85971 LSD Pros: better traction when launching & hard shifting & cornering.

LSD Con: some people say they can hear more gear noise/whine after the LSD is installed. I couldn't tell a difference.
By ej2rey
teal_dx wrote:LSD Con: some people say they can hear more gear noise/whine after the LSD is installed. I couldn't tell a difference.

True that.
But that also depends on what kind of gearing you get for your lsd application. 1, 1.5, 2 way ect...
My friend has a k20 with quaiffe 1 way lsd for drag. And that thing makes it so hard for the car turn and clacks everytime his going to make a turn of coarse cus its 1 way its not meant for turns. But it rips at the track like nothing else.
And he still drives it daily.