General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By melloball
#73865 is it possible to turn my auto into a manual? i thought it would be nice to have auto for my daily driver, but my 91 hatch is stick, and yea, its nice not havin to clutch in the city, but more often than not i find myself wishing that i would have just gone the other route. if it is possible, does it make sense to do, or would i just be better off to sell her and get another eg in manual? thanks everybody.
By Civic_HatchSI
#73946 I did a auto to manual swap in my 95 coupe. If you are some what mechanically inclined, its pretty straight forward and is well worth the time. Do you have everything for a manual swap?

my swap
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1590
By melloball
#73948 sweet, idont have any parts for the swap bcuz i didnt know if it were possible. how much would it cost to do?
By Civic_HatchSI
#73957 easiest way is to find a really cheap 5 spd civic and use the parts off it. Unless you can find all the parts you need from some friends or the junk yard. I just bought a complete car for 200 bucks and worked off that.
By jmsplitfyre
#73962 Anything is possible! :thumb:
By teal_dx
#74149 - Manual transmission from a 92-00 Civic
- Manual Starter from 92-00 Civic
- Clutch assembly
- Flywheel and Pilot Bearing
- Manual Flywheel bolts (longer than auto)
- Master Cylinder from a 92-95 Civic
- Slave Cylinder from 92-00 Civic
- Clutch Line (OEM hardline or Earl's braided stainless)
- Auto to Manual Conversion Passenger motor mount
- Manual lower front Torque Mount (mounts to transmission)
- Manual Rear mount from 92-95 Civic (auto rear bracket is the same as manual)
- Shifter & Shift Linkage from 92-95 (96-00?) Civic
- Bitch pin & linkage hardware
- Manual throttle cable (92-95)
- 1.9 Qt MTF
- Manual ECU

optional:
- clutch switch (allows car to start only when clutch is pressed)
- wire for reverse lights

hope I'm not forgetting anything :oops:
By rshorty2588
#74240 ok im new to this stuff i have a 95 eg AUTO i have a donor car a 94 eg MT i see the parts list but wat about the wireing on the trany and wat about the clutch switch and the rear lights wat do i gotta do ? im lost sorry hope some one can help

P.S i love this place
By hiphopisdead-22
#75704 im lost, i converted my coupe not 2 long ago, nd for sum strange reason my throttle got realli hot nd started burnin tha rubber around it.....im so lost....help plz???
By 92EXFrostWhiteEG9
#85754 Im going to be changing my 92 sedan from auto to mt.. I asked jerrybuilt he told me you need a som sort of seding unit