General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By cal
#73780 well fitted a new clutch and flywheel to my sisters car but now i have a very high bite point and i cant get it any lower.
also its slipping a bit due to this

had a fidanza flywheel and some U.S clutch.

we have bled the system a few times now and its not gettin any better.
ive changed the slave cylinder but this still hasnt worked. the fluid was really nasty but ive bled new stuff right through.

was going to look at the pedal adjuster but its now soddin dark :x

really need some help as i have a fair few miles to do sunday

thanks
By Greasedmonkey
#73804 it very well could be just the way the pressure plate is. Not all clutches act the same as far as pedal feel goes.
By cal
#73809 found the problem

clutch master cylinder is leaking inside the car.

looks as if the seal it bust

cheers anyway :thumb:
By cal
#73971 ok changed the clutch master and slave.

tried bleeding many times with still no help.

also adjusted the pedal itself but still right at the top and clutch slips a little when changin fast in high revs

HELP PLEASE
By Classiccarsrule85
#73973 did you break the clutch in before you started shifting hard and fast.....you may have well made the clutch not so good now due too that wear may be un even and many problems may occur later on however it may suck but id take the trans out again and check and make sure everything is ok it could very well be a throwout bearing but id just go and check everything..
By cal
#73982 the clutch had been used for a small time (around 100miles) so i would have thought it was ok

i didnt change the release bearing as i never have on my crx and its always been fine.
By cal
#74563 anyone please help!!!!!
By sdots
#74571 possibly a faulty clutch. make sure there isn't any fluid or oily stuff on the clutch itself as this would also cause it to slip.
By cal
#74574 their was some oil on the clutch but that wouldnt cause it not to adjust the bite point
By sdots
cal wrote:their was some oil on the clutch but that wouldnt cause it not to adjust the bite point

Oh absolutely, it wouldn't alter the biting point at all, but maybe a possible cause for the clutch slipping.
But like I said, it could be a faulty clutch.
By cal
#74685 sounds you maybe be correct.

ive asked a few clutch people over here and sounds the pressure plate is to blame.

one chap said you cant use the pressure plate on another car after being used.

the other said its something to do with the "fingers" on the pressure plate are sitting too high or low.

thay may have bent in the postal system!!.

is it possible to bend the fingers back to the correct height?
By sdots
cal wrote:sounds you maybe be correct.

ive asked a few clutch people over here and sounds the pressure plate is to blame.

one chap said you cant use the pressure plate on another car after being used.

the other said its something to do with the "fingers" on the pressure plate are sitting too high or low.

thay may have bent in the postal system!!.

is it possible to bend the fingers back to the correct height?

Yup it is, but it's hard to know where they should be sitting correctly without comparing to another perfect working clutch, but why bother when the manufacture or the retailer hasn't sent it you in good form any way. It's actually a breech of the Sales of Goods Act. I would go back to them and say it has been fitted but it is faulty and ask for an immediate replacement. The clutch should carry some sort of warranty which would cover this. Plus messing with a clutch can be timely, it would be quicker to contact the person you bought it from and get a good working clutch which won't give you further problems in the future.
By cal
#74847 thanks for your replies as it has been a help

ill sort something i suppose :D

thanks again

cal
By sdots
#74895 no problem