General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By MEANGREEN22489
#66040 Whats up guyz

I took down the trans in my 92 coupe because the clutch fork was cracked and ended up replacing the clutch flywheel rear main seal etc during the dismantle i had to take out the shift linkages one has a 12 mm bolt the other has a boot and a clip i know now, but i didnt take that out i took out the pin thats on the shifter bushing now what should i put in there now. Should i just put in a OEM pin or could i use a grade five bolt lock washer and nut
By teal_dx
#66105 definitely use an OEM pin, your shifts will be more precise. It's only a couple bucks at the dealership (the only place you'll find it)

it's 10x easier to install than it was getting it out :thumb:
By sdots
#66174 Same here. It's very secure. What you need to do is get a bolt that fits the hole of your linkage very tightly (not so tight it's like a bitch pin to remove) and it will work perfectly. I haven't had a problem yet.

And when you want to change the clutch or do some work on the gearbox, it's simply removing two bolts for the linkage and stabilizer and you've no need to worry about clearing space to move the box around :D

ilmcrx wrote:i hate those pins i use a bolt and a nilock nut