General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By sdots
#65968 Tried searching but no luck.

PROBLEM:
Ok so my gearbox is working perfectly.
However the gear stick is floppy even if a gear is engaged it will flop around in a horizontal manner.
I know there is a spring which I believe is in the gearbox itself which returns the gear stick in to it's original place when placed into neutral.

QUESTION:
How hard is it to replace this spring so the gear stick will return to its eutral state properly?
I have a B-series engine btw with a box which has an LSD.

Thanks
By teal_dx
#65978 sounds like it might be your shifter bushings being worn out. They are under the car. If they are giving too much play, time to replace them with new ones :thumb:
By ohDirka
teal_dx wrote:sounds like it might be your shifter bushings being worn out. They are under the car. If they are giving too much play, time to replace them with new ones :thumb:

I would suggest polyurethane ones
By sdots
#66009 They have already been replaced with energy parts and they are fine. Also tried a DC2 shifter and still the same issue, so it must be something in the tranny...any other suggestions?
By biretsu89
#66154 nooo noo... not in the tranny.... happened to me.... I put in energy shifter bushings and a B&M short shifter and my shifter would do exactly what you are saying yours is doing. I found out that when I put my shifter in... I didnt put the right amount of these new rubber O ring things that came with the shifter. I put a few more in there and tightened the shifter fork pretty hard where the shifter is... now my shifts never move when I put it in gear.
By sdots
#66162 Thanks for the info. I'll have a try at doing that then. I'll keep you posted. thanks

biretsu89 wrote:nooo noo... not in the tranny.... happened to me.... I put in energy shifter bushings and a B&M short shifter and my shifter would do exactly what you are saying yours is doing. I found out that when I put my shifter in... I didnt put the right amount of these new rubber O ring things that came with the shifter. I put a few more in there and tightened the shifter fork pretty hard where the shifter is... now my shifts never move when I put it in gear.