General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By breetime
#62756 a 4.785 final drive (type r) in theory would be good for what top speed?
in theory i mean not if your car made 400wheel or if you were goin down hill will a tail wind from heaven.on paper,what will the 4.785 final be good for.
discuss
By breetime
#62802 im not using anything.im just saying on paper what would that final drive be good for.lets say its in a type r
By SOHCivegra
#62808 You will still need to find out what gear ratios you "would be" using.

Theres a massive difference in between a VX trans with that final drive and an Si trans with that final drive.

So even on paper you will still need to decided what combo you would use.
By breetime
#62818 jesus christ this is such a simple question.i dont care about gear combos or what would be good for the track or roll raceing.i dont give a fuck
let me break it down for you guys.
if had a type r tranny mated to a bottom end that made as much power as you could imagine and i was on a 20 mile straight away nad put it to the floor!how fast would the final drive let me go?
plz its so easy,i dont wanna have to write it in crayon
By SOHCivegra
breetime wrote:jesus christ this is such a simple question.i dont care about gear combos or what would be good for the track or roll raceing.i dont give a fuck
if had a type r tranny mated to a bottom end that made as much power as you could imagine and i was on a 20 mile straight away nad put it to the floor!how fast would the final drive let me go?

Holy shit man, its not a life or death situation. We're not trying to tell whether it would be roll racing or track, we are just trying to help and figure out what else is behind the final drive. You'll have tons of torque in the low end but it will soon taper off. Instead of being an ass while we are trying to help you, try doing some research and see where we are coming from. Its very hard to determine a top speed if there is nothing behind the equation.
Its not just a round about number, there are alot of factors to place in before we say, you can go up to 166 MPH as long as your not drag limited.
Now that we know you have a type-r trans it will be alot easier.
By breetime
SOHCivegra wrote:
breetime wrote:jesus christ this is such a simple question.i dont care about gear combos or what would be good for the track or roll raceing.i dont give a fuck

Holy shit man, its not a life or death situation. We're not trying to tell whether it would be roll racing or track, we are just trying to help and figure out what else is behind the final drive. You'll have tons of torque in the low end but it will soon taper off. Instead of being an ass while we are trying to help you, try doing some research and see where we are coming from. Its very hard to determine a top speed if there is nothing behind the equation.
Its not just a round about number, there are alot of factors to place in before we say, you can go up to 166 MPH as long as your not drag limited.
Now that we know you have a type-r trans it will be alot easier.

thank you,sorry i didnt mean to be an asshole but holy shit.its a r tranny and im wondering what the top top top speed is.no drag limit or anything
By ChicagoMike
#62861 Type R trans, 5th gear redline, would put you right about 146mph.

Now everyone stop bitchin.
By breetime
ChicagoMike wrote:Type R trans, 5th gear redline, would put you right about 146mph.

good god thank you
By ChicagoMike
breetime wrote:
ChicagoMike wrote:Type R trans, 5th gear redline, would put you right about 146mph.

good god thank you

No prob. :thumb:
By Faded_Milano
#62950 hey thats a fake dominos guy! they wear blue shirts and black pants :x

:lol: