General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By VegasCivic
#55990 Well this is the only part of the master kit that isnt actually suspension.

Ill just add the link from here when the others get done.

When i first installed the kit the shifting from Neutral to Second and Neutral to fourth were much stiffer. ( Think when you are shifting down you pass through neutral). I noticed no difference in getting out of said gears. The left and right movement is exactly the same as before.

So think of it as when i need to pull down to shift its harder everything else is the same.

BUT, after a few days of driving it seemed to work itself in and now the shifting feels easy again. The reduced vibrations are the only noticable change as of now.

Tools i used. - Flat tip screwdriver. 3/8 ratchet. 3/8 extension. 3/8 drive gator grip (Im lazy =]) Saw :lol: Cresant wrench for the linkage bolt.

Your changing the bushings for..the rear....uhmm thing :? and outter rod only :lol: . There will be two sets that can be used. One is for the Del Sol(Solid Concave piece) the other is for everything else( Two matching pieces)

I started with the rear armlike bushing first. Remove the two bolts and slide the bushing off of its arm. The bracket, bolts, and the little spacers inside the old bushing need to be reused.

Old and New. See those spacers I was talking about. They slide right out with a flat tip.

Reinstall in the reverse order. I used lube that came with my master kit, I dont know if it will do anything but hey why not. 8)

Your working on the outter arm only dont forget. Just remove the bolt and it will drop out.

I used a saw to remove the old one.

You can see the two pieces used, there is also an spacer that is supplied that you put through the center. No reusing the old crap here.

They slide right in, perfect fit. No press needed. :thumb: Again I lubed them around the outside, inside and inbetween (two parts) . Again who knows if it will make a difference but they supplied the grease, why not :lol:
Rebolt and your done
By Eli'sEG94
#60998 Great Little DIY mang, good Job. :lol:
By Classiccarsrule85
#61539 very nice DIY good pictures too
By Dante
#65142 nice diy
quick question... how do you notice when you "need" to replace those bushings?
By VegasCivic
#65720 Ive never seen any of these go bad. They do stiffen up the feel when shifting, in my experience.

why i did it........

I had some free time and it only took a few minutes compared to a few hours of the the other bushings.
they came with the whole kit....i didnt really need them LOL
By biretsu89
#65815 I didnt notice any of a change when i went with energy shifter bushings.... but they look neat since they are red :thumb:
By VegasCivic
biretsu89 wrote:I didnt notice any of a change when i went with energy shifter bushings.... but they look neat since they are red :thumb:

aww man got the red ones >_<

Black is graphite impregnated. Red does look cooler though..lol
By cody27
#196831 just did mine on the weekend and hard to say how much of a difference as i put in a B&M shifter at the same time but like the OP said 2-4 are stiffer going in but so far its good, as for why....cause i was under there doing the shifter anyway and i figured for $8 why not
By Virux
#352587 I don't know what's wrong with your setups, but when I put these in it made a world of difference. Shifting feels much more tactical. I wouldn't say the original shift feel was necessarily bad, either. Everybody I talk to also loves this mod, especially since it's cheap and easy. For the first week it was a little stiff but once it settled, ooh. That was like a year ago and I still love this change, especially since I do a lot of rapid shifts and rev matching.