General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#53713 I am replacing 4 gears in my tranny and installing a Limited slip differential.
While I have everything apart, I am working on a list of other things I should replace:
shift rod oil seal
both axle oil seals
mainshaft oil seal

is there any bearings that I should replace? (one on each side of the differential, one on mainshaft, needle bearings, etc?)
By civicnation93
#53828 Sorry, no advice here teal but I know the rest of us want to see a DIY come outta this :woot:

P.S. I know as much about rebuilding a transmission as I do about the laws of gravity...what goes up must come down right? or is it vice versa...
By chrono404
#53834 I would recommend replacing at the least the mainshaft oil seal. I had a tranny leaking oil out of the Main Shaft seal and it ruined a clutch.

If the other seals are in good shape you will probally get bye with leaving them alone. However it will be the easiest to replace them now if you need to.

About the bearings see if they need to be replaced. If they roll just fine there is no need to go and replace them. If they are loose or flexible its a good idea to replace them. :thumb:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#53839 I replaced, countershaft bearing, inputshaft bearing, 2x diff bearings, and all the oil seals and the sprung 36mm washer. Its not necessary i guess, but I like having new parts.