General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By stefan
#52092 My inner CV joint on the right axle is making noise (like something falls into and out of place whenever I accelerate, decelerate or brake).
And since I can only get OEM inner CV joints wich go for at least 200 euro (USD = x 1.59) EACH, and I have still gotta do the work myself... I was looking at a set of new axles.

An aftermarket replacement will run 217 euro's... stock knockoff.

So I was looking into a set of other axles, I'm sure that almost 700 dollars will get me something better then some knockoffs.

What I know off;
Hasport - 200hp axles
The Driveshaft Shop - Stage 0
Innovative Mounts - axles (got no info on them)

I was thinking of getting the Stage 0's from The Driveshaft Shop, as I'm only shooting at like 300hp at the crank from my B16A2 (near future; T3/T04 turbo, max 9psi, daily driven).

Am I making a big mistake, or should I've done this yesterday...
By stefan
#52112 Just got a shipping quote from Hybrid-Racing in LA... 578 USD incl. 270 USD shipping.
It's a lot of money, but the axles are pretty heavy I guess, and for us Euro guys the US Dollar is really cheap these days.

Anybody knows this company?
Any good?
The guy seems to be legit btw.

Edit = typo
Last edited by stefan on Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By asianrob
#52119 Hybrid is a good company they make lots of K-series swap parts that are good.
By sdots
#66176 Hybrid are a really good company.
Hasport are slightly more expensive but considering you want to go down the turbo route maybe a higher rated set of axles may be better. The hasport stage 2.9 axles are $749 usd. and are rated to 475 BHP. so hardly ever going to go wrong for you. JDMPerformance sell them in the U.K for approx. £495 + shipping but have a price beating facility. so you can ring them and try to haggle them down to what hasport charge.

regards
By Got_Purp
#68027 Hasport has done me good with mine... A little more money but IMO is well worth it
By sdots
Got_Purp wrote:Hasport has done me good with mine... A little more money but IMO is well worth it

x2