General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By JDM-NYC
#50264 I posted this in the rong section so im jus postin it in the correct section

Ok i have a 1993 honda civic coupe. With a D16A motor. When i purchased the car it was really hard to get the car in gear. i dnt know what that problem was. So one day i was driving and it got stuck in 2nd gear. and i forced it out and then the clutch was done. So i bought a new tranny, and a new clutch. My friend installed them and when he was done. I drove the car. And i still felt that there was a lil pull back when u put the car into a gear. But it wasnt as bad as be for. I drove around my block. Went in reverse. then when i went to put it in 1st. It jus reved. and it woudlnt drive in any gear. And the car can go in 1st to reverse without pushing the clutch when its on and off. Some one told me it was my slave cylinder.....but i have no clue. What could it be?
By teal_dx
#50401 if the slave cyl wad bad, you would have the same problems going into every gear, not just 1st. If you can put it into first w/o even using the clutch and no grinding, then it is probably not actually going into first inside the transmission, which is why it is just revving in first.
By JDM-NYC
teal_dx wrote:if the slave cyl wad bad, you would have the same problems going into every gear, not just 1st. If you can put it into first w/o even using the clutch and no grinding, then it is probably not actually going into first inside the transmission, which is why it is just revving in first.

Sooo i do need a slave cylinder then ur telln me?
By JDM-NYC
#50475 Nope when the Clutch stoped engaging. it didint make any sounds it didint smell. ( i know how it smells when a clutch burns.) soo i know the clutch is fine and the ranny. somthing else is the problem. You know like in a regular car, you CANT put the car in reverse without pushin the clutch when the cars off. Well in mine i CAN put the car in reverse without using the clutch. THe pedel dosnt stick to the floor cauz we bled the clutch.
By hatchin06
#123110 I have this problem now and don't know where to even start. I can put it in every gear without using the clutch. I was on a long road and was getting on it.....shifted fine first though 4th then as I was shifting into 5th i though i missed shifted because it just revved. After rolling to a stop I tried to go in first and couldn't go anywhere. What is the problem? thanks guys.

No weird smells, no grinds nothing happened just went to a straight rev when I shifted into 5th.

B16a with a itr lsd.
By Ajax1989
JDM-NYC wrote:Nope when the Clutch stoped engaging. it didint make any sounds it didint smell. ( i know how it smells when a clutch burns.) soo i know the clutch is fine and the ranny. somthing else is the problem. You know like in a regular car, you CANT put the car in reverse without pushin the clutch when the cars off. Well in mine i CAN put the car in reverse without using the clutch. THe pedel dosnt stick to the floor cauz we bled the clutch.

did you use anything off the old tranny??

and check under the car where the shift linkege meets the shifter, [it above the exhaust, after the cat] maybe there is something broke, lose bolt or something cought up in there stopping it from goin into gear, that happen to a buddy of mine, but he bold was loose and fell out so it would go into certain gears.
By hatchin06
#123297 Ok so my problem was my passenger side axle popped out and it bent some of the teeth by 1 or 2 mm. Ordered 2 today replacing them tomorrow. They have a life time warranty. Going to the track wed night. Ill post times and maybe a video.