General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By KRYSTED9354
#48903 hi from time to time and it just started now in winter when my car is cold my clutch or first gear wont go in i have to shut off car and then put it in ?? i added fluid what could it be ?? also will a lighter flywheel help in any performance ? thanks
By KRYSTED9354
#48905 whats fuxors ?
By KRYSTED9354
#48908 ok but it works great after 10 minutes of running just when its cold ??
By asianrob
#48917 probably have to let it warm up
By KRYSTED9354
teal_dx wrote:what tranny fluid did you use?

lines are bled all the way?

any leaking from lines or the master or slave cylinder?
nope i think i used brake fluid no no someother thing it said to use in the haynes manual ! also i just saw it empty and it didnt go in at all filled it and got better just from time to time when cold or sitting for a wile it does hat also while im at it !! when i start on low rpm my car shakes is that a problem or normal ?? i mean by shake is its rough ? :?
By teal_dx
KRYSTED9354 wrote:

nope i think i used brake fluid no no someother thing it said to use in the haynes manual ! also i just saw it empty and it didnt go in at all filled it and got better just from time to time when cold or sitting for a wile it does hat also while im at it !! when i start on low rpm my car shakes is that a problem or normal ?? i mean by shake is its rough ? :?

u can use brake fluid for the hydraulic clutch line/ master cylinder.
You must use tranny fluid in the transmission, preferably Honda MTF you can buy at the dealership. it is good stuff but expensive.
some clutch chatter (shaking when starting to move from a stop) is normal but usually is not too bad unless you are using a 6 puck clutch (stage 3)
By KRYSTED9354
teal_dx wrote:
KRYSTED9354 wrote:

u can use brake fluid for the hydraulic clutch line/ master cylinder.
You must use tranny fluid in the transmission, preferably Honda MTF you can buy at the dealership. it is good stuff but expensive.
some clutch chatter (shaking when starting to move from a stop) is normal but usually is not too bad unless you are using a 6 puck clutch (stage 3)

like if id start in 3dr it really shakes ,PS EXAMPL i dont start at 3rd , ok thanks also teal or mike can u change the thing under my name to say 160WHP AZ6 thanks
By EG_zuhmuh
KRYSTED9354 wrote:whats fuxors ?

lol. :?
By HanSoo417
#83048 Sorry to res but I'm having the same problem.

When i do a cold start, the clutch will have a lot less spring back pressure. Sometimes it won't spring back at all. Obviously, i can't put it in any gear. After I warm up the car for a long time and pump the clutch a few times, it'll start to work. If I turn the car off and put in gear and then start the car and go. This only started when it got really cold.
By boosted94
#87921 from what im reading your problem could be solved by flushing your clutch fluid and lines. the problem is that brake fluid absorbes moisture and with such a little amount in that particular system there is less fluid to dilute the water build up. you say it does it when its cold out. Sounds like the fluid is freezing, this is why after a long warm up everything is fine.

hope this helps.
By ej2rey
#87932 Mayb your preassure plate...
By VegasCivic
#87935 Had this problem. Slave cyclinder.