General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By LowTEC-Derbo
suspendedHatch wrote:Get the Exedy OEM replacement clutch and 11lb flywheel. I love mine.

There's a big difference between "158" hp and whp. Which are you speaking of?

Just be aware that if you go with a lighter flywheel, it will make a scraping noise. It's called flywheel chatter.

i'm not familar with this chatter. I got a 12lb act flywheel and no chatter from my end..
By BAXTER_EJ1
KRYSTED9354 wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:Get the Exedy OEM replacement clutch and 11lb flywheel. I love mine.

Just be aware that if you go with a lighter flywheel, it will make a scraping noise. It's called flywheel chatter.
ok what about ill just post the chicago dyno papers and video and u can decise and so no one says im b-sing ok ? ill get them up soon !

Holy shit no one said you were bullshitting, he was just asking if it was whp or at the crank...
By XangerissuesX

About this flywheel chatter. Does it sound like a light scrape, short pause, light scrape, short pause repeat? i have this and a slight scraping/grinding sound on take offs occasionally in first gear only. d16y7 tranny. just wanted to make sure i don't have an upcoming major problem. idk what is in it as far as the flywheel. bought the engine from a friend. thanks for any help.