General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Civic_HatchSI
#48396 So right now I have a Hurst short throw in my car with my gsr tranny. It sit very high and I dont like it at all and it shifts weird. I was wondering which shifter would sit lower and be best for shifting? I was looking into the B&M, Buddy Club, and Skunk 2

Maybe my stock gsr shifter would be better?

Feel free too post pics of your shifter in your eg's.

Thanks guys

:D
By asianrob
#48405 http://www.fastlineperformance.com/shifter.htm
By JLau
#48416 B&M factory bend.....

By far the lowest sitting shifter I've ever seen. Check the sag in the boot.
By BAXTER_EJ1
DC4rob wrote:http://www.fastlineperformance.com/shifter.htm

That shit is really interesting...and true enough, if you look at most true stripped drag cars they have the really high shifters.

That totally changed my outlook on shifters...
By JLau
BAXTER_EJ1 wrote:
DC4rob wrote:http://www.fastlineperformance.com/shifter.htm

That shit is really interesting...and true enough, if you look at most true stripped drag cars they have the really high shifters.

That totally changed my outlook on shifters...

Rally cars have the shifters right next to the steering wheels. Circuit Hero makes an extension to serve such a purpose but does nothing for asthetics. They look dumb IMO.
By KRYSTED9354
#48540 JUST STAY STOCK AND PAINT IT ANY COLOR U WANT AS thats the #1 reason people buy ebay shifters and other aftermarket shifter is because the look light and color full keep it stock man !!!!!!!
By JLau
KRYSTED9354 wrote:JUST STAY STOCK AND PAINT IT ANY COLOR U WANT AS thats the #1 reason people buy ebay shifters and other aftermarket shifter is because the look light and color full keep it stock man !!!!!!!

What are you talking about? The MAIN reason people buy short shifters is for the shorter throw, NOT color. You can't even see the shift rod under the boot and knob. Drive a stock Civic shifter then a GSR shifter. There IS a difference.

Oh, and she is not a man.
By vtec_gloucester
#48582 get an ITR shifter lever!

OEM FTW :thumb:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#48585 i honestly prefer OEM height which is why I went with Skunk2 dual Bend.

Short shifters changes the fulcrum points to make shorter throws. This is the ball shaped part of the shifter. The longer the rod on the bottom side of the ball fulcrum, the shorter the throw. Obviously you cannot extend it too far as it will hit the exhaust.

Skunk2's dual bend short shifter is oem height but the rod below the fulcrum point (pivot point) is longer than oem making it shorter throws but still oem shifter height. :thumb:

the closer the shifter is to the wheel, the less time inbetween grabbin the shifter from the wheel.

Personally a circuit hero shifter extension is a good piece to add if you do not track the car all the time. Only add it when you do need it and remove it when you do not. It only works with short shifters though.
By sqsi
#48598 I like my Skunk2 Dual bend as well.
By Civic_HatchSI
#48655 thanks for all he helpful info guys! i decided to put my stock gsr shifter in for now.

Was there a difference in the 01 gsr shifters and the 95's?
By Gorveatt
JDM-Chick wrote:thanks for all he helpful info guys! i decided to put my stock gsr shifter in for now.

nothing
By k0rean4life
vtec_gloucester wrote:get an ITR shifter lever!

OEM FTW :thumb:

This is what I have been using for the past 5 years :thumb:

IF not try to get a C's shifter.

all other brands just end up trashing ur transmission
By Civic_HatchSI
Gorveatt wrote:
JDM-Chick wrote:thanks for all he helpful info guys! i decided to put my stock gsr shifter in for now.

nothing

you sure tim? cuz i thought the 99-01 was a duel bend but i dunno.