General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By freddy90011
#44663 I got myself in to a big problem, my friend needed his transmission replaced and me being dumb said i need a little extra cash offered to do it. I have never done it before, i took it off by just common sense removing all visible screws and was succesful. Installing it was a big problem, It was to heavy for me and 18 year old brother but managed to raise it with a jack. At last it was up and we could put on bolts. Honestly i forced it in but it was not closing all the way. there was about 1/2 inch remaining. I tried to force it in and crakced the transmission by where the starter goes!!!!

Image[/img]

I cant seem to finds another transmission to replace at a cheap price, he bought this one for 150....i there any way that i can get this part from the old transmission there is bolts that i can see just want to know if that is possible....hope the pics help

Please someone help!!!
By DannyCraQ
#46059 lol.

well first thing you shoulda done is grease up the spindle, and fil lthe TC with auto tranny fluid so it doesnt mess up the gears

as far as connecting it, what you're supposed to do is put it in there and get the top two bolts connected. and then the others follow

as far as the crack, i cant even see it. but swapping parts seem to be an fine idea, but 150 for an auto transmission for the 92-95 eg etc is actually a really good deal. you probably wont find that again

my suggestion, sell it and go manual LOL
By teal_dx
#46061 You could swap the casings, a lot of work but you gotta do what you gotta do.
if all else fails, you could try some JB Weld.

I'd sell you my auto tranny for cheap if you were in Ohio.