General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By slm01
#41834 This morning when I started my car, I noticed that the clutch pedal was soft and when I engaged it to start the car, it sunk to the floor very easily. I was able to start the car and drive to work, but the pedal is really soft and I have to press it all the way down to shift. I had this issue before on my 91 Accord and had to replace two parts but I can't remeber the names of them. One part was on the other side of the firewall from the clutch pedal. The other part was located near the front of the engine. It was like on a cable or attached to a cable. I just dont remember. Has anybody had this issue and what was the issue. Can someone tell me the names of the parts I'm talking about?
By teal_dx
#41835 master cylinder or slave cylinder is bad. check to see which one is leaking clutch fluid. the master cyl will leak on the inside of the firewall by where it connects to the clutch pedal. The slave cyl will leak around the accordian boot.

Or your clutch line could have a leak as well, but less likely.
By jdmjunkie561
#58424 im having the same problem....... actually i would put clutch fluid in every couple of months and after the couple of months go by, my clutch fluid is empty so i would have to fill it and bleed it... but i think it is the slave cylinder... its really rusty and i dont see where it might be bsides there..
By Yahya
#58449 Anyone into posting a pic of where to find master and slave sylinder? :D (still n00b) im driving a LSi with a D15b2
By poi boi
#58458 Image
here is the slave on da front of the trans it leaks inside the boot covering the shaft(inside the black one you see)

the master on the fire wall next to the brake booster

this is where it will leak (inside connecting to the clutch pedal)