General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By vince72310
#353487 i recently baught a Ex/Si tranny it has a S20 Y4F code and another code saying P20 and it has the stamp P20 over B000. Anyways i got it for $160 no flywheel, clutch or etc i was wondering since i am gonna bolt it up to a jdm d15b sohcvtec motor can i get any 92-95 dserires tranny parts? plug and play? or only ex/si tranny parts? thinking of hitting up a few junkyards this weekend

As of now these are the parts i need to rebuild the tranny according to the owner if i am missing any parts lmk
Shift Linkage
Clutch Master Cylinder
Clutch Line
Clutch Hydraulic
Flywheel
Clutch Kit
Clutch & Flywheel Bolts
Auto to 5speed Tranny Mount

By EconoBox
#353489 I have an innovative auto to manual billet mount I've been trying to sell for a while PM me I want to let it go cheap! I may also have shift linkage and some other parts sitting in my garage as well just pay shipping and you can have that stuff if I have it. And if that transmission has no grinds or issues good job on the price! I sold my last one for double that locally.

To answer your question yes all that stuff is interchangeable on EGs. I'd buy most of that stuff new especially the clutch master and slave cylinder to save yourself some headache down the road. Grab an Exedy OEM replacement clutch kit from the autoparts store. You can pick up a clean used flywheel from a part out thread or buy a lightweight one off of eBay pretty cheap. The clutch line they sell stainless braided ones all over the place (Rywire's is what I'm using) it just gets rid of the 25 year old rubber hoses that can start leaking.
By vince72310
#353495 http://www.rywire.com/rywire-d-series-b ... ne-b-d.htm

is this the Clutch Line & Clutch Hydraulic? idk :? are those 2 things separate or is this both of them together?
By iLLson
#353496 I did a 5 speed swap.

U also need a 5speed starter. And the lower bolt for the starter since its longer.

Shift fork since 90% of trans ppl sell never include it

Shift linkage pin

Pedal assy

Pm me if u need help or have any questions
By vince72310
EconoBox wrote: And if that transmission has no grinds or issues good job on the price! I sold my last one for double that locally.

He told me that the tranny has no grinds or pops, his asking price was $200 but i got it for $160 it could have been sold low because it came with no clutch or flywheel just the housing and the internals
By dmar13
#353884 U might want to look into seeing if u need a manuel transmission rear t-Bracket.
By suspendedHatch
#353966 How is that a "rebuild" if none of the parts are internal? A rebuild would mean new synchros and bearings at minimum.