General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By vince72310
#352854 getting a 92-95 jdm d15b soon and i was gonna bolt it to my auto tranny and save up for a 5speed conversion but i was looking on HMO and came across a d15b lsd auto tranny and decided to check it out.
does anyone know if this is a good tranny for auto, is it worth the $375?

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whats ... prodID=147

Let me know what you think!
By TrailerTrash
#352855 for 375 you could pretty much have your five speed swap. why set yourself back?
By deschlong
#352878 Auto is for chumps and people who are physically disabled. Like, if you had only one leg. MT Non-LSD >> AUTO LSD.
By vince72310
#352882 hahaha yeah i figured! i just wanted to see if people knew if this was a bad or good tranny and worth the $350 but hes right with that $350 i can get a EX 5speed tranny :thumb:
By vince72310
#352917 is there a specific name to the EX 5speed tranny? like a certain Letter and #? :? never really looked into trannys before until now :lol:

#HondaNoob and idc! everybody learned one way or another :roll:
By deschlong
#352918 Sure. People call it the D16Z6 or just "Z6". Also, "Si", since it was also in the Si Hatchback.
By deschlong
#352924 If you mean JDM D15B with VTEC, then yes. Be careful, those JDM motors have names that are confusing, and a lot are named the same thing but have different configurations. You need to LOOK at the motor to see if it's the one you want. Don't just go by the name alone. You've been warned.
By TrailerTrash
#352927 an Si is slightly different from an EX tranny. the Si has a shorter fifth gear.

ex/si trannys have B000 stamped on the and others have A000
like so