General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By a_CoUpE
#39620 Ok i have a d16z6 in my 94 civic. 5spd. and my clutch pedal is really shot like 2 short its a pain in the ass 2 drive. now the things i have done to try and fix this problem are:

Drained the Clutch Fluid...twice, both time waiting to tighten the bleeder screw until fluid drizzled out.

changed my tranny fluid.

and i have checked my clutch numerous times and its not that it isnt slipping any gear at all. now i think i have some kind of vacume leak or the clutch resivour is not as air tight as it could be because when the car is on and u pop the hood u can here a funny whistle noise from around where the clutch and break resivour is.

I guess what i am asking dose anyone else have any other ideas what it could be, and how to fix it? thanks in advanced.
By asianrob
#39636 does the pedal like feel really close to the ground?... i think you can adjusting the height setting on it if you look at the assembly you can see where it is located... but i could be wrong LOL so i'm not really sure about that tho but i have felt the differnce in my car and my buddies car on the pedal height it was weird
By teal_dx
#39644 yep you're right, look right where the clutch pedal and the master cylinder rod attach together. the end is threaded and you can make it shorter or longer.
By asianrob
teal_dx wrote:yep you're right, look right where the clutch pedal and the master cylinder rod attach together. the end is threaded and you can make it shorter or longer.

:D
By Graham
#39704 Mine started biting like 5cm from the floor one day, turned out my slave cylinder was leaking

Noticed any fluids under the car?
By iownahatchback
#58828 check your master cylinder and slave first if thats not it your clutch is probely worn out

mine did that also found master leaking from inside the car almost look like black mud