General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Steveo20619
#347517 I have a B20b4 with a B16 transmission. When I got my tax return. I took the trans out. new carbon the synchronizers put in the transmission. While it was out I replaced the flywheel and also the clutch pack with a stage4 Clutch from Action Clutch. Slap it all back together with an alignment tool for the clutch. It won't start! It try's to. Starter clicked once with each turn of the key as if it was bad. Replaced it and it's still a no go! Very close to burning this m fer to the ground lol :x any input or information would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!
By juls1488
#347518 make sure the ground from the transmission to the frame is clean, free of paint and rust, and makes a solid connection. if that ground is even a little bit out of sorts it will cause a no start issue.
By Steveo20619
#347529 Dude I love you LOL! You nailed it! Last nights hen I put the starter in, it didn't make the same noise. So I knew the starter died. But I did hear it arc. ZAPPPP lol it all clicked cause I so cleaned the tranny case and lightly painted gray. Thanks again case closed! :thumb:

[/url]