General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By DannyCraQ
#39999 hey was wonder, my homie wants me to do his tranny swap from a 99 Integra LS Auto to GSR 5 speed, do i have to change the head or can i just drop the tranny right in with a new ecu and shift linkae and manual pedals n stuff
By Ej2-B16a
teal_dx wrote:here is my conversion mount:

it moves the mounting point about 2 inches back. hasport makes a nicer looking one.

it has to be a d series linkage as far as I know, but I've never compared the two.

more stuff you'll need:
92-95 master cylinder, nuts
92-00 D series slave cylinder, bolts
92-95 manual pedals, connecting pin
92-95 clutch lines, or the Earl's conversion ss braided clutch line
92-00 shift linkage, bitch pin, bolts, bushings, hardware
92-00 shifter, knob, dust boot, hardware
92-00 rear transmission manual mount (eg auto/manual rear brackets are the same)
92-00 D series Flywheel & Pilot Bearing
92-00 D series Clutch & Pressure Plate
92-00 D series Release Bearing
92-00 D series Manual Flywheel bolts (auto ones are too short)
92-00 D series lower front tranny bracket & bolts
92-00 D series manual starter & lower long starter bolt
2 qts of honda MTF

and you can't just add the clutch pedal because the brake pedal will be in the way when you try to drive. you'll need the manual pedals so the brake pedal will be in the right location. :thumb:

Sorry to raise the dead but. BRIAN YOU DIDNT INSTALL A NEW BRAKE PEDAL???????????????? YOUR USING THE WIDE AUTOMATIC ONE STILL!?!?
By DannyCraQ
#40392 just got my new tranny yesterday :thumb:

was wondering about the clutch now i got the full clutch kit

now ont he side of the tranny, theres a hole ossily where a boot goes?

anyone got a write up on how to install a slave cylinder?

ima take pics of the tranny and shift linkage right now
By DannyCraQ
#40983 Here is some wiring details I found at http://z14.invisionfree.com/EJ1_Owners_ ... topic=2532

You will notice the 14-wire plug at the old automatic shifter location. Cut the plug from the auto shifter assembly and leave about 5? of wire.

1. STARTER SENSOR: Run two wires from the clutch pedal assembly (clutch interlock switch) to the two heavy gauge wires (#11 & #12) at the plug. This will allow the car to only crank when the clutch pedal is depressed.

2. TO CRANK CAR: Spot the 2-wire plug with two heavy gauge black wires. Connect them in a 'closed' loop. - I found this information online, but did not do this step. The plug mentioned goes to the distributor and I can't see any purpose in looping it.

3. CRUISE CONTROL SENSOR: Run two wires from the clutch pedal assembly (cruise control disable switch) to the two wires (#7 black & #13 pink). This will disable the cruise control once the clutch is depressed.

4. TO REMOVE KEY IN IGNITION: Unplug the harness from the blue Interlock box located behind the dash to the upper left of the clutch pedal

5. REVERSE LIGHT: Run two wires from manual tranny plug (yellow & green) to the yellow #4 & green/black #5 of the auto shifter cut plug.

If you do not do step 1, you will be able to crank the car without depressing the clutch, if you don't do step 3 you will not be able to have full functioning cruise control (My car never had it, so I don't know for sure)

teal you posted this

now i removed the plug

i just want to double check before i start on the wiring

and on the clutch pedal, which wires to i run them to and its got two sensor ports on the back, how do i run wires to these?

also do i HAVE to get a manual engine wiring harness? i cant use my auto one? whats the difference, cause this is gonna set me back in time as well.
By teal_dx
#40985 damn, I would not have cut that off :(

I would have just done it this way:

Now your car will start. without the 2 fat wires connected, it will not start. If you wanted to make it so you had to have the clutch pedal pressed, then you would buy some wire and instead of having that little loop, run each end to the cluch pedal switch. (2 wires)

edit: just noticed you have the other half of the plug cut off, not the chassis side. looks like the red and white wires are the ones you need to connect to start the car (or extend those wires & run them to your clutch pedal switch)
Just double check that those 2 wires connect to the 2 thick wires on the other side of the harness, I can't tell if those are 100% right from the dark blurry pic.
Last edited by teal_dx on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#40986 And keep your original engine harness, it will do fine.

I'm still not 100% sure on the reverse lights, I have not hooked mine up yet on either civic I've converted to manual cause I'm lazy. The info you posted was something I found online & posted here to help another member doing the same swap a while ago.
By DannyCraQ
#40987 yea sorry bout the pic, took it with my celly

and yea i made sure not to cut off the chassis side hahaha

:thumb:

btw the red and white wires you are seeing are the thick black ones with red and white stripes

so you're not even using reverse lights huh. hmmm ill try it out from what u posted and ill let you know
By DannyCraQ
#40989 btw what about all these green wires? i got 7 of em, and i dunno what they do exactly but im assuming they arent important and that the only wires that are even important are the two thick gauge wires?
By teal_dx
#41009 all the small ones were probably for the gauge indicator that tells you what position the auto shifter was in. Just be sure you tape the ends up with electrical tape so they don't short out on the chassis.
By DannyCraQ
#41010 ah ok, yea ima hold off on the reverse lights until i get a definite confirmation

cause i cut 6 of the green wires and taped em off and i got a black yellow light green with white stripe and dark green with a black stripe