General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Dippin_EG
#69503 Gotta love the Full Race guys, they're the shit. now i need to find one that tells how to disassemble and reassemble the mainshaft and countershaft :D
By EG {FIVE-500}
#243930 hi i have come into a bit of trouble with the snap ring. i was resealing the case. it sat down nice and smooth with a tiny gap and when i was tightening the bolts i heard a crunch so i took a look in side and the snap ring is all bent. just wondering how important is the snap ring or is it worth replacing. dont want any troubles in the future :lol:
By Datsmart
#243974 The snap ring must be installed properly to maintain the correct alignment of the counter shaft to the main shaft.
I have had to pull the snap ring out and straighten it out using a hammer and a block of wood. When you put it back together be sure the ring is in the groove in the bearing.
By EG {FIVE-500}
Datsmart wrote:The snap ring must be installed properly to maintain the correct alignment of the counter shaft to the main shaft.
I have had to pull the snap ring out and straighten it out using a hammer and a block of wood. When you put it back together be sure the ring is in the groove in the bearing.

sweet cheers mate i will pull it apart later and see what i can do :thumb:
By Binks
#254156 Where's the 2.0 version of this thread that was to be posted?
I'm about to crack open my first trans because there's a hole in my lower bell housing, I have no idea where it came from so I'm just replacing it.
By chrono404
#254202 The 2.0 never happened. I rebuilt the second transmission but forgot to take pics doing so.
By Binks
#254210 I guess ill take a bunch of pics as I do what I do, but I've never done this before, Owell..there's a time to learn everything.
By 92civic_vx
#264312 i have a bearing going out in my trans, just not sure which one it is. when sitting in neutral it growls if i hold the clutch pedal in the noise stops. i had the same noise in my other trans so i bought this 1 for $50 off cl and it was fine for 6 months now it makes the same noise as the old 1. i think it is the main shaft bearing, i was gonna fix my old trans and swap it back in cause i found out monday that i have oil leaking from my trans.. :thumbdown: seams to be leaking from the center of the two halves.