General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By chrono404
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:good super writeup, this will help when I rebuild mine

Thats what it was made for :thumb:
By chrono404
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:i'm reading the helms and there is some things about shimming.. and specifics on this?

Shimming? The only things that might a "Shim" are these small washers that the Main input and counter shafts sit on. Looking at the book it seams as if thats what they are talking about.

In the book it talks about removing the "Oil guide plate" and the "Shim" around it, I never touched that when I was working on the transmission. so leaving it alone is probably a good idea.

When you first said Shims i was thinking about the type of shim where you put a piece of metal or wood in something to make it tight :lol: I was thinking "What!?! No There are no Shims in there" Then I was thinking maybe he means those washers? then Looked at the book.

On those washers/shims I reused the ones that came in the transmission. I didn't mess with them.
By Dippin_EG
#69503 Gotta love the Full Race guys, they're the shit. now i need to find one that tells how to disassemble and reassemble the mainshaft and countershaft :D
By EG {FIVE-500}
#243930 hi i have come into a bit of trouble with the snap ring. i was resealing the case. it sat down nice and smooth with a tiny gap and when i was tightening the bolts i heard a crunch so i took a look in side and the snap ring is all bent. just wondering how important is the snap ring or is it worth replacing. dont want any troubles in the future :lol:
By Datsmart
#243974 The snap ring must be installed properly to maintain the correct alignment of the counter shaft to the main shaft.
I have had to pull the snap ring out and straighten it out using a hammer and a block of wood. When you put it back together be sure the ring is in the groove in the bearing.
By EG {FIVE-500}
Datsmart wrote:The snap ring must be installed properly to maintain the correct alignment of the counter shaft to the main shaft.
I have had to pull the snap ring out and straighten it out using a hammer and a block of wood. When you put it back together be sure the ring is in the groove in the bearing.

sweet cheers mate i will pull it apart later and see what i can do :thumb:
By Binks
#254156 Where's the 2.0 version of this thread that was to be posted?
I'm about to crack open my first trans because there's a hole in my lower bell housing, I have no idea where it came from so I'm just replacing it.
By chrono404
#254202 The 2.0 never happened. I rebuilt the second transmission but forgot to take pics doing so.
By Binks
#254210 I guess ill take a bunch of pics as I do what I do, but I've never done this before, Owell..there's a time to learn everything.
By 92civic_vx
#264312 i have a bearing going out in my trans, just not sure which one it is. when sitting in neutral it growls if i hold the clutch pedal in the noise stops. i had the same noise in my other trans so i bought this 1 for $50 off cl and it was fine for 6 months now it makes the same noise as the old 1. i think it is the main shaft bearing, i was gonna fix my old trans and swap it back in cause i found out monday that i have oil leaking from my trans.. :thumbdown: seams to be leaking from the center of the two halves.