General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By rootbeer_eg
#335466 the other day whe i was driving home from work , i was pulling into my driveway.
when getting into the garage i had just put my car in neutral, with my foot on the clutch, and it started to make a pretty horible noise ,like metal on metal, i was at a complete stop with the ebrake pulled, when i took my foot off the clutch it disappeared.

it also makes the same noise if i am coasting to a stop with my foot on the clutch .

now is it as simple as changing the throw out bearing in a day or is it something else

ive googled what a bad throw out bearing sounds like, and it doesnt sound like a bearing missing grea
By chrono404
#335486 If your foot IS PRESSING DOWN ON the clutch pedal and it makes noise, then its most likely a throw out bearing.

If your foot IS NOT PRESSING ON the clutch pedal and it makes noise, then its most likely a clutch or something in the transmission.

So I am pretty sure its a throw out bearing given the info that you have given us.
By nd1983
#335487 `from what it sounds like its probably the throw out bearing. and their noise depends on what failed. i've seem what explose internal and made a sound similar to your description