General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By alexwiththeeg3
#333087 hi guys, so I put a short shifter on my car when i first bought it and i've noticed it seems to be quite stiff getting into gears, regardless of whether the engines on/ clutch down. It was a second hand short shifter and i dont remember the shifting being so stiff with the standard shifter. Anyone have and ideas what it could be? Or do i simply need a NEW short shifter?
By HeikDiesel
#333092 Don't tighten the through bolt on the shifter so tight. The nut is supposed to be a lock nut so it won't back off.
By TrailerTrash
HeikDiesel wrote:Don't tighten the through bolt on the shifter so tight. The nut is supposed to be a lock nut so it won't back off.

x2

plus you can take the linkage apart and grease things
By alexwiththeeg3
#333119 Yeah I noticed that if I didnt put the nut on the through bolt, the gears were easy? But as soon as that nut was on even though it wasnt tight, they became stiff
By nd1983
#333240 did you change any of the bushings when swapping shifters?
By alexwiththeeg3
#333313 No I just put on the full rod that the shifter sits in, I've ordered a buddy club short shifter as the one I have on is second hand
By HeikDiesel
#333361 Things are going to get expensive if you buy parts for stuff you don't like because you install it incorrectly