General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By ottofalcon
#331440 Hey guys!

I'm in the middle of a b-swap and i'm running a little low on cash for the build and I have yet to buy the clutch, I was looking around ebay and I stumbled apon the XTD Stage 2 clutch and pressure plate for $99.00 plus s & h.

My question is this, i understand it's not going to be an amazing product but for about six months daily use no track what's so ever will this thing hold up?

I googled this but I got mixed results.
By teal_dx
#331448 I have their stage 3 (6 puck sprung) and it's been a great clutch - no problems at all. I remember back in the day doing research and there were a few people on H-T having issues with their stage 2. This was like 5 years ago, though.

If you're not going to beat on it, I think it would be fine.
I'm sure proper break-in period is important. :thumb:
By ottofalcon
#331452 Thank's for the quick reply, yeah it's going to be for daily use, a stage 3 would be a little to much right now, I'm only runing an ls with p30 pistons and a ported and polished head for the moment. So I'll go with that kit then I'll post how it all goes.

Thank you!
By TrailerTrash
#331462 i have the same clutch as Teal(only coupled with the xtd 8.5lb flywheel) and its been great to me aswell for the past 20,000 miles. even with some beating
By JUICE
#331463 If you can still get OEM exedys for like $90, get that. I ran one for almost a year with over 100+ drag passes at 240whp/240wtq in my hatch.
By ottofalcon
#331465 That's my plan, a 9lbs flywheel and a stage two clutch. I had a D15B with one of those and I loved how fast that thing reved, any other places I can search other than ebay?

The OEM aproach sounds good, I'm not going to be making that much power with that setup so I think that clutch should be enough.
By HeikDiesel
JUICE wrote:If you can still get OEM exedys for like $90, get that. I ran one for almost a year with over 100+ drag passes at 240whp/240wtq in my hatch.

:headbang: . These are what I rock on any mild hp car.
By Civic_HatchSI
#331853 Ran my xtd stage 3 for 6 years with my gsr, never had a problem. I wasn't easy on it either lol..