General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By kylenjdm93
#330434 so a customer dropped off 4 b16a transmissions, 1 jdm lsd, the other 3, are usdm b16a trannies, I am shocked at what the previous owner had done to the differential on one, he couldn't figure out why the axels were popping out and wouldn't drive very well, lol.... :shock:

somebody decided to take apart the open diff, and cut the middle bar out, what a dumb ***,

anyway, I cannot salvage 2 of the trannys, the gears are all ground up like ground beef...

however, the jdm lsd, he wants for his h2b swap in his ej1, anybody know of a good website for inexpensive gears?

I need 1st gear and second gear

on counter shaft, not input shaft!

anyway tomorrow I will have the destroyed diff out and will take pictures of it in the morning lol!
By Leppy
#330437 Not sure about gears themselves, but I ordered this rebuild kit for my Y80 GSR tranny. Since you have it open, it wouldn't hurt to replace everything.

http://www.swapshopracing.com/contents/en-us/p6478.html

I've ordered from them more than once and i'm happy with what I got.

Never had to replace gears individually, so I don't know where to look.
By teal_dx
#330495 I couldn't find aftermarket gears/synchros back in the day when i rebuilt my tranny, so I had to get new ones from the dealership and they raped me hard.
By Ajax1989
#330538 google gearspeed.. sister co of my work.. they sell gears and syncros anything you need
By teal_dx
#330539 I looked there when I was gathering parts to rebuild my trans and they were more expensive then OEM from the dealership. (I had a friend behind the parts counter, gearspeed might be a little cheaper than retail.)