General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By honzarotti
#322325 My 1st post so go easy on me . :) Just getting into the hondas and i found a sweet deal on an 94 eg w/ b20 gsr lsd tranny! i love this car and the car drives excellent only issue is when im turning left and put any load on the engine im getting a clicking. doesnt sound like your usual cv joint click but simular. it only happens in 2nd and 3rd and never in first. and i dont take corners in 4th lol. plus previous owner just put new integra shafts on before purchase. could this be the lsd crapping out on me or poss the intermediate shaft. the car pulls out of corners awesome and really pulls on wet or loose surface so im kinda thinking my diff is ok. im sending this out to my peeps in the honda world. send me some love!! :)
By TrailerTrash
#322350 if it sounds similair to a worn axle than that is probably the first things u should check.

did the previous owner put new axles in or used ones?
By honzarotti
#322733 tracked buddy down, the axles were new!! he didnt kn ow about int shaft. Gonna get under it over the holidays take a look.
By Apexracing
#322737 yea sounds like a bad cv axle.
By Fada Blayne
#323480 any luck?
By honzarotti
#325508 sorry was busy over holidays. i tracked buddy down and he sd they were new axles. he sd he didnt like the way it attached to int. shaft and it felt sloppy. when i put it up i noticed the axles looked mint but the int. shaft was looking rough. im planning on pulling the motor in the spring when do the body and paint. i have a better look at that time. for the mean time the clicking is not too bad. im pretty sure you have to use a b series int shaft from a teg or civic type r. so ill probably kepp my eyes out for one.
By bigpunn421
#326320 on my car i can snap brand new axles with slicks. it doesnt matter if they are new or not.

the strut mount is known for clunking noises too.