General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Squirrelman91
#321395 Hey I have a 93 eg with a ls swap and my transmission won't stay in 5th all of my other gears work fine do I need a new trans??
By teal_dx
Squirrelman91 wrote:Hey I have a 93 eg with a ls swap and my transmission won't stay in 5th all of my other gears work fine do I need a new trans??

Most likely you have internal damage (shift fork or really worn syncro/gearset)

You could repair or replace the transmission. It all depends on if you can do it yourself, your budget and if this is your daily driver or if you can afford some downtime. :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
#321419 Check fluid level.
By Squirrelman91
#321422 Well at the moment it's not my daily driver it through a rod so I'm rebuilding the motor. and I don't know it I could rebuild the trans this is my first project
By Apexracing
Squirrelman91 wrote:Well at the moment it's not my daily driver it through a rod so I'm rebuilding the motor. and I don't know it I could rebuild the trans this is my first project

5th and reverse are the only two gears on that shaft i believe so when you pull it apart you only need that shaft rebuilt, new gear sets and syncros, and bearings. Shouldnt be too expensive for a shop to do either, Its all press on and press off.