General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By xhardlinerx
#318006 My Specs: 92 Civic Si, LS transmission, B16A engine.

I can always get into 2nd gear when I start out at 1st gear and switch into 2nd gear. I can launch hard with the 1st gear and still get into 2nd gear easily.

I have problems getting into 2nd gear when I already got into 2nd gear initially to get to a higher speed. For example; i'm going 40 MPH and then I have to slow down due to cars in front, then I will be going around 20 MPH, so when I want to put it in 2nd gear I cant, so I just put it in 3rd gear at 20 MPH.
It is hard to get in 2nd gear doing what I just described because it scratches. I seemed to be able to get it into 2nd gear if I apply some weird pressure with the clutch, but it is not productive in driving because it takes too long to get it in gear.

Remember I NEVER have a problem getting into 2nd gear when I go from 1st gear to 2nd gear to 3rd gear.

Can someone help me out? Do I just need a new transmission or a rebuild? Or is it my 2nd gear synchros?

I was going to get a GSR LSD tranny or Type R LSD tranny and a GSR motor w/turbo in December anyway.
Last edited by xhardlinerx on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JUICE
#318045 What about if you rev it up some? Try to rev-match the down shift, should help with it engaging smoother. Sounds like your synchro's a little worn.
By xhardlinerx
#318180 I tried to rev it up while my car is moving and I still cant get it in 2nd gear.

I can easily go from 1st gear to 2nd gear and then 3rd gear.
By xhardlinerx
#318250 Anyone know what could be wrong?

I think its something that can be fixed easily if i take my transmission apart.
By xhardlinerx
#318843 Im going to bleed the transmission fluid soon, I will let you know if this fixes my 2nd gear problem.

Has anyone experienced this issue with a LS Transmission?
By EJ1_MK
#318845 It is a common problem with all honda trans when the slides start to get worn out you can't down shift but it will allow you to up shift just fine or it might be a bent fork. Really hard to say without taking the case off the trans and inspecting that gear set.