General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By poke410
#314744 hey guys
i was recently changing my shifter bushings and i accidentally pulled forward and broke the small pin holding the linkage up under the boot in the console
how screwed am i?
do i have to replace it all, im actually quite confused because i don't get where the bolt was attached to the linkage
anyways ill post pictures tomorrow morning if necessary
thanks guys
also its a 95 ej1 if anyone was wondering...
By Classiccarsrule85
#314750 depending on which part broke you may need to replace. if its the part that has the 2 12mm bolts going up into the body and the shaft goes through it then your out of luck you need a new bar or linkage setup. if its the cross bar that connects the two then you just need a new one of those....

now it is anything but a bolt or a bitch pin more then likely going to need new linkage or a replacement part ? depending on what you broke if its metal then more then likely its part of the shift linkage and unless you weld its pretty well need a new one now much besides bushings and bolts that your able replace on the shift linkage...
By poke410
#314773 UPDATE
so while i was sleeping i had an epiphany, the bolt under the boot was nothing more than a leftover from when the previous owner did the auto to manny swap
when i pulled forward it was like i was shifting into 2 4 or reverse except because the linkage wasn't attached to anything it simply dropped