General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By JDMLYFE
#311546 everytime i press the clutch down it makes a squeaking sound, the fluid is topped up. is my clutch going?
By teal_dx
#311552 Can you hear the general area where it is coming from? (pedal or tranny?)
And do you mean as you press the pedal it squeaks or when you have it pressed all the way and hold it, you hear the squeak?
By JDMLYFE
#311810 ass im pressing it in it squeaks, not to bad and seems to go away once im driving. still bothers me tho
By MookyStick
JDMLYFE wrote:ass im pressing it in it squeaks, not to bad and seems to go away once im driving. still bothers me tho

Mine does the same exact thing. I don't think its a big deal. Something probably just needs a shot of WD40 :D
By JDMLYFE
#314562 It's the slave cylinder, cheap and easy fix, 2 bolts and your done
By Clypsay
#318526 Yeah mine does the same. should I replace the master clutch cylinder while I'm at it you think?
By TrailerTrash
JDMLYFE wrote:It's the slave cylinder, cheap and easy fix, 2 bolts and your done

more like 2 bolts, a rubber booty, clutch line fitting, put it all back together, and bleed :thumb:

it could be the slave or just in need some some WD as said above
By 92civic_vx
#318531 mine squeeks too, i need to spray some wd every few months.
By JDMLYFE
#322244 where you spray the wd40 on? might as well just do that lol
By HeikDiesel
#322245 If you can hear the noise inside the cabin of the car it's NOT the slave. The slave is way up by the transmission. I'd check the linkage for the CMC and fix whatever is going on up there