General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 92civicEGsedan
#310157 Ok I was just randomly thinking again and I wonder if instead of having a clutch pedal if you could make it where the clutch is on the shifter and you use your hand to engage and disengage the clutch like on a motorcycle but on a car
By 92civicEGsedan
#310163 I think it would be cool to have done on a car and very different
By bigpunn421
#310168 very common for handicap drivers.

check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3lSgmuU_w

i saw this back in my saab modding days. he has a actuator pressing the clutch. the actuator is controlled by a computer. pretty sure its activated by releasing the gas pedal. could be hooked to a switch or button or lever easily.
By 92civicEGsedan
#310216 That's where you lost me when you said controlled by a computer haha id rather have a wire run to it that way if it broke it wouldn't be hard to replace and not as expensive
By TrailerTrash
#310239 like this only in a car :thumb:
By nd1983
#310251 very similar to the bike it could be done. you connect a cable to the CMC and then run the cable to the lever.

only issue i'd see would be the force required to release the clutch might more more then your hand would be able to grip.
By 92civicEGsedan
TrailerTrash wrote:like this only in a car :thumb:

I can't believe I forgot about suicide shifters
By 92civicEGsedan
nd1983 wrote:very similar to the bike it could be done. you connect a cable to the CMC and then run the cable to the lever.

only issue i'd see would be the force required to release the clutch might more more then your hand would be able to grip.

I would have never thought of that but if you could manage it you'd have one hell of a grip after a few years haha