General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By reaperstk
#309107 alright its gonna b a stupid question so bare with me here, i hav a 92 eg hatch with ls swap and a gsr tranny wid lsd, now the shifter points a little to the left cuz it was customized due to auto - manual swap, real question is when u guys r on nuetral and just wiggling left n right, can you hear your shiftlinkage touching or tapping on eachother, mine does and im curious cuz its quite hard to down shift into third when im making a turn, im thinkin bushing, linkage, or syncros, thanks all
By reaperstk
#309193 :hehe: thanks for the replies ya, ok i just changed out the shift link n put a ls in, my question is the old one is bigger or fatter but same legnth, anyone wid any ideas
By EG Love
#309194 you had a d series linkage at first, and now you put in an ls linkage? also not sure what you mean by the linkage points a little cause it was modified. As far as i know you need a b series linkage with a b series transmission and it should bolt right in
By reaperstk
#309199 yes both bolts right in just that idiot i bought it from told me it was a b series shift linkage, so d series are fatter than b series? and yea the crooked stick shift was because someone drilled holes to bolt the shifter in but did a shitty job at it. just found out when i took the old one out, did the job over now its where its supoose to be,but to b sure d series are fatter then b series then right? cuz both look exactly the same just the ls one was slimmer
By reaperstk
#309203 yes both bolts right in just that idiot i bought it from told me it was a b series shift linkage, so d series are fatter than b series? and yea the crooked stick shift was because someone drilled holes to bolt the shifter in but did a shitty job at it. just found out when i took the old one out, did the job over now its where its supoose to be,but to b sure d series are fatter then b series then right? cuz both look exactly the same just the ls one was slimmer
By EG Love
#309204 i'm not sure, possibly. i didn't notice a huge difference when i changed my linkages but maybe there is. I can check tomorrow if i remember
By reaperstk
#309205 yea datll be great, been lookin through the net difference on all b and d series but all it said was d is shorter then b series so im just ???? :eh:
By EG Love
#309242 From what I could tell the b series linkage i have is a little longer than the d-series linkage. The b series also has a rod that is fatter, and inside the car it sits back more towards the seats i think. I'm also having problems with my shift linkage right now though, i've got the spring pin stuck halfway in, and the linkage wont sway side to side :S
By reaperstk
#309244 lol wow u got a problem worse then mines, but thanks for the info, both of mines are the same legnth just thicker/slimmer, hope u get that problem fix tho
By Hondahatch
#313805 all you need is linkage from a DC integra, direct fit. works perf