General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By 93da_
#307179 So i bought a EG with a stock d16y7 boosted for dirt cheap and all it needed was a new clutch.

The guy I bought it off said the clutch in it right now is an Exedy 6puck street/strip with a 10lb exedy flywheel. I cannot find the exact clutch anywhere I look, I want to keep this flywheel. My question is what kinda clutch can I mate with this flywheel? I've been doing research and I found out that an Exedy OEM replacement clutch will be good for my power right now (stock d16 so it shouldnt be much hp/tq). But i do not know if it will work with the flywheel thats currently in this car. Please help

Thanks in advance.
By teal_dx
#307195 Check the surface of the flywheel when you take the tranny off. If it is glazed, then get the flywheel resurfaced at a machine shop. Then you'll be good :thumb:

this is bad:Image

Since this is your flywheel, made from a solid piece of material and not the type with replaceable friction surfaces, I think you're OK to use any clutch.
http://www.redlinemotive.com/part-numbe ... /hf501.asp
By 93da_
#307198 Thank you very much! So would it be safe to say I could purchase an Exedy OEM clutch right now?
By TrailerTrash
93da_ wrote:Thank you very much! So would it be safe to say I could purchase an Exedy OEM clutch right now?

go for it :thumb: