General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By baconsauce
#306219 I was driving around the town with my eh3 with manual
It been while I got it and each time I shifting from 1 gears to 2nd then it pops out itself into neutral
then I tried to shift it back into 2nd gear at right speed and it ran fine til it happen once or twice at each weekly

I have no idea what wrong with it
but my friend claimed that the clutch is getting worn out
By EJ1_MK
#306266 It is the synchro's in the transmission, they are what hold the gear into place. Very common with manuals that have have been abused on or it makes a scratching sound when you go into gear.

Most of the time it is third that this happens, but it could also be a bent fork in your trans.

If your clutch was going out you would know by it slipping, not popping out of gear, if you put your car into 3rd or 4th depends on the trans and accelerate you will notice that the speedo and the RPM gauge go up at the same time if you have an RPM gauge.
By baconsauce
#306276 I believe its synchro's in the tranny caused it because they matched up with what happened to my car when I drove it.

Is it worth to rebuilt the tranny or just replace it?
I think it is better to replace it because it sounds tough to get it work right after rebuilt.
By EJ1_MK
#306292 I had one rebuilt not that long ago for very cheap. New bearing and labor to do it was like 150 is what one of the Techs I know at the local honda dealer charged me. Now replacing the synchro's might cost more but you could find a decent trans in your area for cheaper but you never know how it was maintained. Ask around with other honda guys they might know some one that can help you do it or maybe a local speed shop. For me I would rebuild it and then you know what you got. Even if you spend more money on it. Just me though.
By baconsauce
#306351 guess my civic previous owner destroy it as he drive it from 3rd to 2nd for speeding before he sold it to me

haha
good tips! :thumb: