General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By rafaortiz21
#303104 I am in the middle of replacing the tranny fluid and I notice that when i removed the drain plug no fluid came out. When I removed the filler bolt it drained out. WTF Now that I am trying to refill the trans fluid it wont go in. Any suggestions!
By rafaortiz21
#303142 So you guys are going to be shock when you read this. I called my friend Jake who is a Honda tech. I told him about my issue with the tranny not draining and Not taking any fluid(it spills like it was full) Well technically it was, even though I properly took out the drain plug and filling bolt.
Jake asked me if I had replaced the tranny or recently had it rebuilt. After telling him the history of this car he then asked me to get a small screw driver and see how far into the tranny it will go. WTF I thought, but to my surprise there were plastic caps pushed in all the way in both plugs.

Have any of you guys seeing this before? I use to change the fluid in my 94 every 3 or 4 oil changes and never experience this before.

Jake asked me for the serial number of the transmission and my vin#. 2 hrs later he called me back and told me that the trans in my car is not the factory installed one. He also thinks that this one has been rebuild by honda dealer or a shop that does work for a dealer, because in his place of work thats how the receive their trannys back for the shop. The installer forgot to remove the plastic plugs!!!
By teal_dx
#303165 That is a first for me, never heard of that happening before. But It makes sense that a shop got a reconditioned trans and put it in w/o removing the plastic seals.

I didn't have a guess as to what your original problem was... props to your friend :thumb:
By rafaortiz21
#303215 Thanks Teal. Like I said this is my second 92-95 civic and this 95 ex has been full of surprises. Both of my friends who are Honda techs had offered to buy the car off of me, but that is my motivation to keep it. Jake help me build the 94 with the H22 swap and he wants me to go all out in this one, but Im in a different stage in life now and dont see myself blowing my paychecks in a car anymore, especially how the last one ended. My plans for this 95 EX is to make it seem like it just rolled out of the factory line but with a power punch.
:hehe: