General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By colesboy
#303054 so im kind of new to the honda scene and i am trying to figure out how to put tranny fluid in. it is a 5 spd. can someone please help me?
By dbrooks
#303055 This stuff is the bomb.com

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_7070062-P_x_x?cm_mmc=CSE-_-Google-_-VALUE3-_-VALUE4&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=#utm_source=cse&utm_medium=google&utm_campaign=value3&utm_content=value4

You'll have to adjust for quantity when you figure out what tranny you have. It's probably going to be about 5 bottles I believe though.
By Chance
#303067 Moved thread to the correct subforum.
By teal_dx
#303071 Pretty sure it's more like 1.9 or 2.something qts for manual tranny fluid :wink:

There's a fill hole on the passenger side (above the drain hole), loosen it with a 3/8" ratchet. Or you can remove the VSS on the top and fill it through there. :thumb:
By MG6
#325935 Pennzoil? really? I can pick this up local store.. but really? Not knocking on those who used them but really?

I know honda is a little picky on what they use on fluid with the ATF (auto tranny) but what about manual tranny?

Any better recommendations? Or stick with the OEM and break my leg for paying so much? :?
By HeikDiesel
#325951 Honda actually says you can run engine oil in the trans right in the service manual. Snyrcomesh is ok stuff, but you don't need 5 32 oz bottles I can promise you that. There is a fill plug about halfway up the trans case by the axle. You want to fill it just to the bottom of the plug on level ground. Take that into account if you have the front end jacked up. I believe my B16 trans takes 1.8 quarts which is 51-52 oz. The drain in pretty much in line with the trans motor mount on the very bottom of the case. You can also fill through the VSS if that is easier to you.

Edit: My phone sucks. I didn't see teal's post and how old this topic was
By blk92hb
#325956 you can use honda mtf or 10w40 motor oil and the b and d series trans take 1.8-1.9qts
By MG6
#325958 10w40 - dino oil or syn? Didn't know you can run engine oil on the tranny. Learn something new today at Civic-EG.com the bomb :thumb:

But I might just grab some MTF when picking up the parts. Thanks all. :woot: