General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By jayEGR
#299686 hey guys i have a problem i checked out this car that my friend bought and she has a E7F tranny and its in the coupe with the d16z6 but i dnt know what kind of tranny or year it came from, and the reason why i ask this is because the tranny isnt sitting right in the engine bay and they also rigged it with some type of washers and they only had to bolts attached to it, does anybody know what year it came out of and does it fit direct with our regular tranny mounts, i need a lil more info on this transmission?
By 92civic_vx
#299688 from what i found it is from a EK. came off a d16y7 hope this helps :thumb:
By jayEGR
92civic_vx wrote:from what i found it is from a EK. came off a d16y7 hope this helps :thumb:

it does i just need a lil bit more info on it , like is did they come lsd or does it fit compatible with are transmission mounts because the transmission mounts on the ek and the eg are different
By TrailerTrash
#299692 :eh: :eh: :eh:
92-00 D series trannies are interchangeable... there should be no need to jerry rig a dam thing.

pictures?
By 92civic_vx
#299744 no lsd. it came from a cx dx or lx. honda database app shows 1st-3.25 2nd-1.782 3rd-1.172 4th-.909 5th-.702 final- 4.058/3.722. :thumb:
By jayEGR
TrailerTrash wrote::eh: :eh: :eh:
92-00 D series trannies are interchangeable... there should be no need to jerry rig a dam thing.

pictures?

well i have no reason why this dumb as people would do this,and i know the D series are aLL interchangeable im just sayinb the tranny mounts are different from eg to ek but ill send you guys a pic and let you know what it looks like
By Datsmart
#299814 Was the car originally an auto?
Sounds like the previous owner put a manual trans in a auto car and did not get an adapter mount to align the trans to the auto side mount.
By TrailerTrash
Datsmart wrote:Was the car originally an auto?
Sounds like the previous owner put a manual trans in a auto car and did not get an adapter mount to align the trans to the auto side mount.

this could be the issue! didnt think about that
By jayEGR
#300064 the gaudge cluster is but to be honest everything is all manual like it doesnt look like it was but i can be mistaken , how do i know if it was or wasnt?
By TrailerTrash
#300092 if you take the part of the center console that covered the shifter off you should be able to tell.