General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By rustyrex
#299640 I have a 90 si cable trans in my crx. And I have whatever trans is factory in a 95 cx. I read that the cx has really long gears which sucks for acceleration. I do a ton of freeway driving and drive "spirited" almost always. Can I take the gear set out of my si trans and put them into my cx trans?
By TrailerTrash
#299644 im not exactly sure if u can swap the gearsets from tranny to tranny.

I have always wanted to put a cable Si tranny in my EG coupe. the tranny will bolt up to the motor but its cable and your car has a hydro. people have done the conversion though. as far as I know you need a bracket and rig up some kinda cable setup for the clutch.

I had the tranny you have in my car when i got it and the gearing sucked so bad.
By rustyrex
#299731 If all I have to do is make the cable work between the pedal and tranny then its game on. I have no idea how hard it will be bit its only metal. A welder and imagination will solve that riddle.
By suspendedHatch
#300502 Afraid it's not that easy due to the slave cylinder on the trans itself. They make conversion kits, but they are notorious for sucking lol.

Yes you can swap gears. You may even be able to swap housings. You'll have to search outside of Civic-eg though. That info is plentiful but I don't recall ever having seen it here.
By TrailerTrash
#300622 http://www.d-series.org/ may help :thumb: